Borderlands 2 is getting its fifth playable character today, a week ahead of schedule. Gearbox chief Randy Pitchford tweeted the surprise breakout for Gaige the Mechromancer, promising the DLC's availability across all platforms sometime today. The content is free with Premiere Club editions of the game, otherwise it costs 800 MSP or $9.99.
Last week Gearbox revealed Gaige's skill tree, which imbues the Mechromancer and her robotic accomplice Deathtrap with a whole host of deadly abilities. We also discovered how she sounds via the above recording, all innocence and sweetness until she starts yelling about jerk-bags and smashing the system.
Update: The DLC is now available for Xbox 360 and PC. It looks like players on PlayStation 3 have to wait a little bit longer to take the Mechromancer out for a spin.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One