"Transactional sales refer to PlayStation Store sales through the PSN/SEN Wallet. Our last quarter (July - September 2012) was our 'biggest' on a global basis with regard to revenue."
So, PSN is apparently on the up, with Sony claiming 97 percent customer satisfaction for the service along with 93 percent renewal intent. The company says the success of PlayStation Plus is driving PSN sales.
Having been around for over two years, PlayStation Plus membership sales almost doubled this summer following the announcement of the Instant Game Collection. Sony is still keeping quiet about specific subscriber numbers, but it sounds like PS Plus is proving to be a significant addition to the PlayStation arsenal.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25