The season of huge releases is in full swing. Xav, Ludwig, JC and Richard head up the first segment to talk Halo 4, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Assassin's Creed 3, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, and Hotline Miami. Some fare better than others, but the inside of Master Chief's helmet somehow managed to stay mostly clean.
Alexander Sliwinski is the Joystiq Profile this week, and then it's on to news. Alexander, Jordan, and Dave hit the week's big stories. Get ready for discussion on Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm, Nintendo's first US Wii U commercial, Borderlands 2, XCOM Enemy Unknown, the new GTA V release window, Rhode Island's 38 Studios lawsuit, and Kickstarter crossing the pond.
Also, be sure to jump past the break to check out this week's giveaway.
Listen to the Super Joystiq Podcast:
- Subscribe to the Super Joystiq Podcast in iTunes
- Super Joystiq Podcast is also available in the Zune Marketplace
- Add the Super Joystiq Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator
- Download the MP3 directly
Listen to the MP3
- 00:00:00 - 01:15:37 // Intro, WRUP/Previews: Xav, Ludwig, JC
- 01:15:38 - 01:19:45 // Joystiq Profile: Alexander Sliwinski
- 01:19:46 - 01:55:13 // News: Alexander, Jordan, Dave
- 01:55:14 - 01:58:26 // Outro, content preview, and Joyswag results
Theme Music: Satsuma Audio and Whitaker Blackall - "A Basstastic Undertaking"
Segment Bumpers: Jordan Mallory
Joystiq Profile interstitials: Workbench Music - Synethesia (Yellow, Red)
- Podcast Twitter: @JoystiqPodcast - Use the hashtag #QJoystiq
- Website Twitter: @Joystiq
- Facebook: Joystiq Facebook Page
- Voice Mail: 1-877-JOYSTIQ (1-877-569-7847)
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
Follow Joystiq on Twitch.tv for future streams and giveaways
Breaking News and Features
- Halo 4 review: Our new Chief Operating Officer
- Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask review: Mask of makeovers
- Assassin's Creed 3 review: Declination of independence
- Disney acquires Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion, LucasArts included
- Wii U ad reveals the Commercial Family Warehouse
- Borderlands 2 review: Non-trivial loot pursuit
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown review: Close encounters
- Grand Theft Auto 5 receives 'Spring 2013' release window in official promo material
- Architects of 38 Studios' $75M loan sued by Rhode Island EDC
- Kickstarter now an option for UK game developers
Xav de Matos, Richard Mitchell, and Jonathan Downin
Winner of Journey Prize Pack - A copy of Doom 3 BFG Edition (X360), Medal of Honor Warfighter (X360 or PS3), or NBA Baller Beats (X360)
The following commenter on last week's podcast has won themselves a game. Send an email to podcast ATT joystiq DAWT com so we can verify your information and, boom, a copy of Doom 3 BFG Edition, Medal of Honor Warfighter, or NBA Baller Beats (with slightly used basketball).
To enter this week's giveaway:
- Listen to the podcast. Leave a comment on this post telling us what you think about the Super Joystiq Podcast. We want your suggestions, questions, and comments! (Tell us which version of the game you want in the comments or we send you one randomly)
- You must be 17 years or older and a resident of the United States or Canada (excluding Puerto Rico and Quebec).
- Only one entry per person.
- This entry period ends at 12:00PM ET, Friday, November 9, 2012.
- At that time, we'll randomly select one (1) winner to receive a Xbox 360 or PS3 version of Assassin's Creed 3.
- For a list of complete rules, click here.
What is Joyswag? Since we don't keep the games and merchandise we receive for review or promotional purposes, it becomes "Joyswag," which is passed along to our readers. Please note that Joyswag may be in "used" condition.
For more info on our policy, click here.