According to publisher Deep Silver, Morgan was "inspired by some very popular fan mods" for the original game, which we wanted to know more about.
"So one thing we really like about our community is that they did so many crazy mods for Dead Island on PC. One of the mods was an awesome Fist of the North Star thing and a dude made a hilarious video out of it," a representative for Deep Silver told us, digging up the YouTube we've placed after the break. "Obviously, our character is not exactly like this, but since people liked this mod so much, it made us think about doing a hand-to-hand combat character."
Dead Island: Riptide washes in late April next year.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One