Ten years after Grand Theft Auto: Vice City took the PlayStation 2 by storm, it has come to iOS. The game that lets you sample the life of a 1980's Mafia hitman has been faithfully ported from the console with some added new features, including:
- Updated graphics, character models and lighting effects
- New, precisely tailored firing and targeting options
- Custom controls with a fully customizable layout
- iCloud saved game support
- Support for Retina display devices
Another nice feature lets you listen to customized iTunes playlists as you drive around stealing, murdering and pimping. To use a custom playlist, first create one in iTunes titled "VICECITY." Once in the game, select the radio station "Tape Deck" and your music starts.
Considering this is a full console port, it's pretty amazing that Rockstar has managed to make Grand Theft Auto: Vice City playable on all models of the iPad, the iPhone 4, 4S and 5, and the fourth- and fifth-generation iPod touch. The company does, however, recommend that users reboot their iOS device after installing the app and close all other applications while playing it for "optimal performance."
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City weighs in at over 1 GB and costs US$4.99.
- Key specs
- Form factor Tablet
- Operating system iOS (8)
- Screen size 9.7 inches
- Storage type Internal storage (16 GB, Flash)
- Maximum battery life Up to 10 hours
- Dimensions 9.4 x 6.6 x 0.24 in
- Weight 0.96 lb
- Announced 2014-10-16
Apple iPhone 6s