Mac and iOS developers get some update love from Apple today, too. That's because Xcode has been bumped up a notch to version 4.6 to bring support for iOS 6.1 along with some other under-the-hood improvements. Weighing in at 1.54 GB, the update is now available via Software Update and the Mac App Store.
Straight from Apple's own release notes, here's what v4.6 of the SDK has to offer:
- Code completion heuristics are more accurate, and use an optimized default data set.
- New compiler warnings help identify potential bugs when using ARC and weak references.
- C++11 support for 'user defined literals' and 'unrestricted unions' features.
- Debugger can inspect elements within NSArray or NSDictionary objects.
- Analyze now performs deeper cross-function static analysis of Objective-C and C++ code.
- The number of indexing passes is reduced due to improved dependency checking.
- Additional bug fixes and stability improvements.
- Key specs
- Form factor Tablet
- Operating system iOS (8)
- Screen size 9.7 inches
- Storage type Internal storage (16 GB, Flash)
- Maximum battery life Up to 10 hours
- Dimensions 9.4 x 6.6 x 0.24 in
- Weight 0.96 lb
- Announced 2014-10-16
Apple iPhone 6s