You can now pre-order that other Walking Dead game if you want to. To help guide your decision to do so, Activision released the above trailer for The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct.
Now, as for where to pre-order, that decision is complicated, like all decisions faced in a zombie-filled world, except with "various retail-exclusive offers" instead of "compromising your morals to survive." GameStop offers a "Herd Mode" DLC pack, and Amazon offers a "Walker Execution Pack" of melee weapons – again, underpinning this game's status as a standard video game versus the unique emotional experience you may think of from the brand.
Both of these pre-order offers are exclusive to the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions. Oh, and by the way, GameStop is also throwing in an ear. Whether that's meant to entice you or warn you away, we don't know.
February 7, 2013 – Any advantage could mean the difference between life and death in the terrifying world of The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, where every path, action, and choice has a consequence. Activision® and Terminal Reality today announced that players who pre-order the game from GameStop or Amazon will get a jump on the end of the world with an exclusive DLC pack:
· GameStop Herd Mode Challenge – How many frenzied flesh-eaters can you survive against before joining their ranks? Take on endless waves of walkers, each more dangerous than the last, in the all-new Herd Mode. Each wave of undead held off brings with it a new outbreak of hungry biters and new opportunities to rack up an even higher score.
· Amazon Walker Execution Pack – Give yourself an edge (or five) with this 'unique' weapon kit. The Amazon Walker Execution Pack adds multiple melee options to your arsenal, including a survival knife, sawtoothed machete, kukri, reinforced hatchet, and advanced machete. With ammo scarce and the undead attracted to loud noises, a sharp, silent blade might just be your most trusted companion.
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct is a do-whatever-you-need-to-survive first-person action game that brings the deep, character-driven world of AMC's Emmy®Award-winning TV series onto console gaming systems and the PC. The game follows the mysterious, crossbow-wielding survivor Daryl Dixon, brought to life by TV series star Norman Reedus, alongside his overbearing brother Merle, voiced by Michael Rooker, on a haunting, unforgiving journey across the Georgia countryside. Players will need to tread carefully on this desperate quest, scrounging for food, water, and ammunition to survive against nightmares both living and undead.
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct is scheduled to be released in North America on March 19 for the Xbox 360®, PlayStation® 3, and PC and on March 26 for Wii U™. It is rated "M" for Mature by the ESRB. For more information, visit www.TheWalkingDeadBegins.com or 'Like' The Walking Dead on Facebook (facebook.com/TheWalkingDeadAMC). Herd Mode is unlockable for Xbox 360® and PlayStation® 3 exclusively through Gamestop, and the Walker Execution Pack is available exclusively through Amazon. While supplies last. Limited time only. Code received when game is available.
AMC's "The Walking Dead" is based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics. It tells the story of the months and years that follow after a zombie apocalypse. It follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, who travel in search of a safe and secure home. "The Walking Dead" is the first cable series in television history to reign as the biggest show of the fall season among Adult 18-49 rating, beating all broadcast and cable entertainment series. The Season 3 mid-season finale, which aired Sunday, December 3, delivered 15.2 million viewers for the night. "The Walking Dead" Season 3 to date reigns as the number one ad supported drama series in basic cable history among total viewers, adults 18-49, adults 25-54, adults 18-34, men 18-49, men 25-54 and men 18-34. AMC resumes the final eight episodes of "The Walking Dead" Season 3 on Sunday, February 10 at 9pm EST.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Nintendo Wii U
Microsoft Xbox One