He then goes on to admit that he's only "50\50 on unforeseen consequences that some people will rage about." Obviously, by definition, we can't foresee those, but Pitchford says there's no end of possible issues to the game, from skill tree balance to leveled-up enemies to even things like shotgun shell counting. One bug in the game, Pitchford says, applied a shotgun bonus to every single bullet in a shotgun blast rather than just the gun in general.
"Sometimes we trap ourselves. We get painted into corners on things. It's tricky," Pitchford said in an interview with VentureBeat. "But we're committed to it." So yes, expect the chance to level up past 50 in Borderlands 2 sometime this year.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One