Today, the regular Gamescom crew is joined by Pete Hines of Bethesda, and Gordan Van Dyke and Shams Jorjani of Paradox. With the Swedish publisher Paradox on-hand, the group takes the opportunity to discuss the different approaches of EU vs. US publishers, and how cultural differences affect game releases in Germany. Pete Hines also talks The Elder Scrolls Online and the decision to go subscription-based, and Alexander and Richard get into an intense Titanfall love-fest.
The Great Gamescom Podcast Giveaways of 2013 continues full steam ahead! In today's episode, we reveal the password required to enter to win a framed The Walking Dead painting (for above your fireplace-- naturally). Instructions for how to enter can be found on this post, and after the break. Be sure to catch each episode every day this week for a new giveaway. See you back here tomorrow, for the grand finale!
Listen to the Super Joystiq Podcast:
- Subscribe to the Super Joystiq Podcast in iTunes
- Add the Super Joystiq Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator
- Download the MP3 directly
Listen to the MP3
Hosts: Alexander (@Sliwinski), Richard (@The RichardM), Jess (@JessConditt), Sinan (@shoinan)
Guests: Pete Hines (@DCDeacon) - Bethesda, Gordan Van Dyke (@GordanVanDyke) and Shams Jorjani (@ShamsJorjani) Paradox
- 00:00:00 - 00:01:37 // Intro and meeting the guests
- 00:01:38 - 00:07:25 // Dev pitches and smaller publisher stances on next-gen
- 00:07:26 - 00:11:56 // Jack the Ripper
- 00:11:57 - 00:30:02 // Wolfenstein and German regulations
- 00:30:03 - 00:38:07 // Swedish devs and food
- 00:38:08 - 00:54:20 // Working within US vs. foreign publishers
- 00:54:21 - 01:05:29 // The Elder Scrolls Online
- 01:05:30 - 01:08:17 // Free-to-play
- 01:08:18 - 01:22:43 // Titanfall
- 01:22:44 - 01:29:51 // Show thoughts and crowding issues
- 01:29:52 - 01:31:42 // Final wrap-up
- 01:31:43 - 01:33:14 // Outtake (A little German hotel flavor)
Theme Music: Satsuma Audio and Whitaker Blackall – "A Basstastic Undertaking"
Segment Bumpers: Go Cart, Blown Away - Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
- Podcast Twitter: @JoystiqPodcast – Have a question? Use the hashtag #QJoystiq
- Website Twitter: @Joystiq
- Facebook: Joystiq Facebook Page
- Subscribe to Joystiq's YouTube Channel
- Follow Joystiq on Twitch.tv for game streams and giveaways
Alexander Sliwinski and Jonathan Downin (@jonathandownin)
Joyswag: A framed The Walkind Dead painting
To enter this week's giveaway:
- Listen to and subscribe to the podcast. Send an email to podcast at joystiq dot com. Be sure to include the secret password (revealed during the podcast) in the subject line. Spelling counts! Comments posted here do not qualify.
- Only one entry per person, per password. Emails containing multiple passwords do no quality. Must be over 18 years of age and a resident of the United States.
- Entries must be received on or before Monday, August 26, 2013.
- At that time, we'll randomly select one (1) winner to receive a framed The Walking Dead painting featuring Lee and Clementine.
- For a list of complete rules for JoySwag, click here.
What is Joyswag? Since we don't keep the games and merchandise we receive for review or promotional purposes, it becomes "Joyswag," which is passed along to our readers. Please note that Joyswag may be in "used" condition.
For more info on our policy, click here.