"We've already begun work on the first update that is currently called patch 2.1 and will introduce a large-scale housing system, as well as "The Wolves' Den" - the first ever PvP content in the series," said Yoshida on the PlayStation Blog. "Furthermore, the update will include new dungeons, a new daily quest system, new Primal battles, extensions to the main story, and loads of other new content to enjoy."
The news follows a shaky early access weekend for the reborn MMO, in which servers brimmed to full and fundamental tools like character creation(!) were inaccessible. Realm Reborn is being released worldwide on PS3 and Windows PC today - best of luck to all the adventurers out there - and will come to PS4 sometime next year.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25