You can add Ultimate Camera Free EN to the list of interesting iPhone photo apps that add some unique features to iPhone photography, even getting ahead of some of the enhanced features in the new iPhone 5s.
Let me list some of the most interesting features:
- Record video and take stills at the same time
- Take still photos remotely using a browser if it is on the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone
- Stop Motion and Time Lapse functions
- A rapid burst mode, timers and an intervalometer
- EXIF data easily visible
- Facebook, Dropbox and Twitter integration
- Slideshows of video or photos
I tried the app and found it fast to load, easy to operate, and while Ultimate Camera Free EN is ad supported, the ads were not intrusive. You can kill the ads with a US$1.99 in-app purchase.
Smart focus was precise, and can be locked in with a touch on the screen. You can access your photos from a browser on the same Wi-Fi network and download individual photos or a group as a Zip file. Photos are at full resolution, but there are other options for smaller photos and movies.
Ultimate Camera is probably not the ultimate camera app, but it is filled with good ideas and the price is right. It's worth keeping in your photo folder to utilize the unique features it has.
I found Ultimate Camera a clever app, I saw no crashes (even under iOS 7 GM), and think it is worth a look.
Ultimate Camera requires at least iOS 5.1, and is optimized for the iPhone 5.
- Key specs
- Type Smartphone
- Operating system iOS
- Screen size 4.7 inches
- Internal memory 16 GB
- Carriers (US) AT&T
- Dimensions 5.44 x 2.64 x 0.28 in
- Weight 5.04 oz
- Released 2015-09-25