As its name suggests, the Pokemon Bank is an electronic storage service for the legions of pocket monsters you've gathered in Pokemon X and Y – up to 3,000 of the adorable critters. More crucially, however, the Bank brings with it Pokemon Transporter functionality, which allows you to transfer Pokemon from the Nintendo DS Pokemon games into Pokemon X and Y.
While the Pokemon Bank download is free, the service itself is not. Nintendo is imposing a $5 annual fee for use of the Pokemon Bank, though if you download the application prior to March 14 you'll receive a free 30-day trial.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 104
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27