Apple has entered into an agreement with Russia's Megafon, which has committed to purchase at least 750,000 iPhones over the next three years. Megafon, which is Russia's second-biggest carrier, signed on in January. In addition, Reuters reports that more than US$28 million will be spent on promotion.
Other news from Friday afternoon includes:
- iOS app Secret has reportedly raised nearly $10 million in funding from sources including Google Ventures.
- The latest ComScore data is out, with Apple once again at the top of smartphone makers. Between October 2013 and January, the number of people using an iPhone rose from 40.6% to 41.6%. 51.7% of smartphone users are using Android, but only 26.7% of them have a Samsung phone.
- Because we love numbers, this report from ProtectCELL claims that those with iPhones are 86% less likely than their Android peers to require a replacement.
- Samsung has unveiled its competitor to iTunes Radio known as Milk Music that will be targeted to Galaxy devices.
And kick back with these features:
- In 1995 Apple made some promises to educators about the future of technology. Here's what they got right.
- Fuse Chicken's togoDock and PLUGdock: Variations on a theme of useful
- 5 Classic PC games begging for the iPad treatment
- How to create a data recovery external drive
- Key specs
- Type Smartphone
- Operating system iOS
- Screen size 4.7 inches
- Internal memory 16 GB
- Carriers (US) AT&T
- Dimensions 5.44 x 2.64 x 0.28 in
- Weight 5.04 oz
- Released 2015-09-25