Last time we saw the Wii U quick boot, it was just a simulated demonstration of how it would work. Now Nintendo's posted a real-time video in real-life glory (via Nintendaan), and the good news is that it's quicker than shown last time. Back in January, after selecting a recently played game and profile it took around 19 seconds to load up into New Super Mario Bros U. Four months on, and the real deal makes it in 14 seconds.
Nintendo says the update featuring quick boot is due either before or during the summer. Who knows, it might swerve over the line just in time for Mario Kart 8.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 54
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 8 GB
- Controller type Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Released 2012-11-18