Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launched for PC and Mac in March, and it rocketed up to 2.7 million sales in its first week. Our review said the game's new Loot 2.0 system has its biggest impact in the expansion's Adventure Mode.
"Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls doesn't reinvent the wheel in the dungeon crawling genre – it reinvents Diablo 3 itself," wrote Joystiq's Xav de Matos. "Gone is the diabolical auction house, replaced with a better loot system that rewards a player's loyalty.
"While Loot 2.0 is available as a free update for Diablo 3, it's Adventure Mode that helps Reaper of Souls stand above the original. With its emphasis on getting directly into the action with no interruption, Reaper of Souls brings Diablo 3 back to basics: A mouse-breaking, loot-craving killfest to Hell and back."
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Sony PlayStation 4
Microsoft Xbox One