It's the latest in the publisher's successful series, which achieved 73 million in sales as of last month. Ubisoft's next rooftop-running, throat-slitting game is Assassin's Creed: Unity, which was announced in March. The game takes place in Paris during the French Revolution of the 18th century, as was seemingly foretold through a scene in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.
"We are extremely pleased that Assassin's Creed has become the fourth-biggest franchise in the industry," Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said during the publisher's earnings call today, adding that the Assassin's Creed development team has been progressively growing the brand "into a regular 10 million-plus elite franchise."
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Sony PlayStation 4
Nintendo Wii U
Microsoft Xbox One