The news comes shortly after EA CEO Andrew Wilson admitted the haphazard launch of Battlefield 4 was "unacceptable," although he stopped short of saying similar issues will never happen again. With two public betas, there will be pressure on Battlefield Hardline to deliver a smoother ride when it launches on October 21.
For Joystiq's early thoughts on Hardline watch our video preview, in which Ludwig ponders if Visceral can deliver the series its first really solid single-player campaign.
Battlefield Hardline (6/27/14)
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Sony PlayStation 4
Microsoft Xbox One