- Features I'd like to see higher rear camera and 1920x1080 on this version
- Display This display is better than you think. But one knotch up wouldn't hurt
- Battery life Playing with mine all day and still have battery to spare
- Ease of use So much more usable than any other tablet I've used so far
- Storage capacity 2gig ram and cheaper 32 + 64 based units make this tablet shine
- Design and form factor Good looking and nice flexibility
- Portability (size / weight) Much more portable than I expected. Only feels heavy when holding it from a long end with one hand
- Durability Feels very strong in hand. So much more than the plastic tablets I've used in the past.
EDIT: After using the tablet for a week, I'm hooked! I seriously would say this article is half baked. Go get one, today! Sure the real negative is not even in this list for the review, and that's software. The Microsoft App Store is kinda thin right now, but new stuff comes every day, so it's growing. And the more folks get in, the more it will grow. I'd say by January it's going to be a non-problem. The battery life on this little tablet is amazing. I used it a lot for 2 full days before I had to recharge. I really didn't expect that much battery. And the speed of the machine is actually better than I expected too. I've only tried one app so far (LOVE the "try" feature of the app store) that had some performance issues. Everything else has been perfect. Only app so far that really needs help in the e-mail app from MS. Since they don't put Outlook (BIG MISTAKE!) they should have had e-mail close to perfect on this tablet. It's not even close, but I'm sure 3rd party e-mail will be out soon. And unlike the iPad, you can easily replace e-mail on this little tablet. I'm also getting very used to the touch keyboard, more than I expected.
The portability and power of this tablet make it the best tablet on the market today IMHO. I also own an iPad and a Nexus 7, so I've tried them all. The Surface beats them both in everything but apps, which I think is going to be a short term problem.
5 people find this review helpful
Features rating changed from 4 to 5
Updated detailed review