- Reception and call quality The LTE reception is spotty and occasionally the data shuts down completely. But it's deff a firmware issue and the LTE problems haven't been terrible.
- Display When I first turned this phone on, the first word out of my mouth was, "JESUS." The screen is fantastic!
- Battery life Alright, it's an LTE phone. You can't expect to get more than a day or two. That said, it's been about as good as I can expect.
- Camera No comments
- Ease of use I HATE MOTOBLUR. I think that this new not-MOTOBLUR thing is a little better, but still gaudy. So, I just use GoLauncher EX instead.
- Design and form factor This phone is sexy. Nuf said.
- Portability (size / weight) I'm sorry, have you EVER seen a phone this thin?
- Media support I've had no media compatability problems. Although I hate the built in music app. But I installed Google's and I'm good to go!
- Durability This thing feels solid. I put it in an otterbox, but I always do that, so I'm not really worried.
- Ecosystem (apps, accessories, etc.) Lots of accessories (I got a mondo accessory pack with mine) but the dev community is kinda quiet right now. Only basic rooting and one rom available so far.
That's my one major gripe with the phone: NO CUSTOM ROMs. Well, there's one, but it's not great. Verizon decided that this phone should have a locked bootloader, and there doesn't seem to be any signs that that will change soon. So, if you're a hacker like me, you're gonna be a little frustrated with that element. However, a root utility and busybox are available. If none of that made sense to you, move on to the next paragraph :)
This phone is sexy in every sense of the word. The outside is Gorilla glass, kevlar, and aluminum, and the inside is packed with LTE/3G radios, a 1.2 ghz DUAL-CORE processor, 8 gb of storage, and 1024 mb of RAM. You will not be disappointed in the performance on this thing.
As I stated in my "ease of use" blurb, the stock not-MOTOBLUR interface is ehh at best. I don't particularly like it, but someone new to Android might find it comforting, as it has a lot of passing resemblences to iOS and it's pretty easy to configure. So, it's kind of a love/hate thing, and IIIIII just happen to hate it. My own preference is for something else (GoLauncher EX, what I used for over a year on my Droid).
It's a great phone, and I highly recommend!
1 person found this review helpful