- Game library I'm an RPG gamer so the current library (not counting DS games) is pretty lackluster. I'm not saying they're bad games, but it doesn't suffice for an RPG gamer.
- Graphics Graphics are pretty decent. I know that the current family of games aren't pushing the 3DS to it's limit so it's hard to really judge the graphics right now.
- Battery life The worse part of the 3DS! This is the Nintendo system were I had to charge the battery after one day of use. :(
- Portability (size / weight) It's a little thicker than the DSi but it's still very light weight and still fits in your pocket.
- Durability Compared to other Nintendo handhelds, I definitely feel this the most cheap feeling one. The hinge worries since it doesn't feel as tight as the other DS's.
Anyway, the 3DS definitely is a good system. The only it truly lacks in are battery life and the build quality of it. If you're wondering whether to upgrade from the DS or not I would advice that you just wait for the 3DS Lite (knowing Nintendo, they'll try to reiterate this handheld at least 3x) unless you're one of the people that just got to have it now (that's me).
One thing to note is the addition of a crapware from Nintendo. I was prompted today for a system update and Nintendo added a 3D music video that was cool to watch once. I tried to delete it after but I can't, instead, it'll be deleted in the next system update according to the end of the music video. I don't mind bonuses like that from Nintendo but I wish I can just delete these silly videos whenever I want.
Well, the 3DS is definitely a good system but not as good and revolutionary as when the original Nintendo DS came out.
P.S. The 3D slider reminds me of the contrast slider back in the old Gameboy days. :)
1 person found this review helpful