- Reception and call quality Superb, nothing wrong here.
- Display Loving the 1280x720 resolution and the colours are lovely.
- Battery life Great 1 to 1.5 days.
- Camera No comments
- Ease of use No comments
- Design and form factor Feels good in the hand.
- Portability (size / weight) A little big in the pocket.
- Media support Seems they have it covered.
- Durability Not fully tested.
- Ecosystem (apps, accessories, etc.) Once more accessories become available it could be a FIVE :)
The Nexus is stunning, upon first unboxing you get a feeling that this is a special handset. Probably mainly due to the size of the screen. You can see my first impressions of the Nexus here www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J7W7URhm3I
One thing that I did love about the iPhone 4S was the camera. You can check the HD video quality if the iPhone 4S here www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZDZn6LDd2s and some HD video capture from the Galaxy Nexus here www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJIm6wsrQvA - in my opinion the iPhone 4S camera is definitely superior and it is one of the things I miss. The Nexus is acceptable quality though, so I am not to disappointed.
Using the Nexus is all about that large 4.65-inch screen. On this front it has really delivered a superb experience. Running general apps and games is great, the colours are stunning and it is very responsive. I spend a lot of my time watching videos (I am a YouTube Partner) so the YouTube app was one for me to test - you can see it in action here www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NJFQG8DpUg - wow was I impressed. The Android (version 4) of this app is superb, very swish interface and a real joy to use. The video experience is amazing with that AMOLED screen and nice sound too.
Battery life is something I am still testing, but it seems very good. A whole day between charges is not a problem, sometimes making it a-day-and-a-half.
I am hoping some more accessories make it to market soon, as I would love to see an HD Dock or similar, so I can charge overnight.
So far, so good… I will update this review over the next few days as I find out more.
6 people find this review helpful