- Reception and call quality Signal strength meter sometimes jumps up and down somewhat erratically. But despite this call/data performance has been solid so far.
- Display Wow. Its just plain nice to look at. The colours, the contrast. Number 1 display out there without a doubt. Also, I find the 4" size wonderful for browsing.
- Battery life I had read so-so reviews about this. So I'm surprised to report that by 3G smartphone standards my Galaxy S has very decent battery life.
- Camera No comments
- Ease of use Samsung's Touchwiz 3 is ok. Probably nice if you are coming from an iphone. Dead easy to use. But install Launcher Pro and some widgets for an even nicer UI.
- Design and form factor The 4" screen form factor is superb. The phone overall feels solid and shows no flex. Its nice and light. The back does not look as smart as the front though.
- Portability (size / weight) For me, this phone has hit the sweet spot. The phone is very thin/light. and yet gives you an above average 4" display. The perfect size for a phone in 2010.
- Media support WOW! All my files work on it out of the box. Even HD MKV files. No contest - this is THE media player phone of choice, Solid audio, beautiful screen for video.
- Durability Time will tell I guess. The light weight feel makes it seem fragile. But there is no give or flex in the hand. Search 4 "Galaxy Drop Test" in you tube, looks ok
- Ecosystem (apps, accessories, etc.) Android has some great apps, but still has some way to go before it can match the iphone app store. Particularly for games.
- Beautiful display
- A SUPERB phone for web browsing
- Great music player
- Outstanding video player
- Amazing Swype keyboard for texting/emailing
- Camera is good but not excellent (no flash Samsung?).
- Android Market still needs some more time to catch up to iphone's App Store.
1 person found this review helpful
Edited comment on Durability