- Reception and call quality Very annoying wifi issues. Cellular isn't too bad, but wifi is just a major problem, at home and at work, where I'm practically 10 ft away from an AP.
- Display LOVE the Super AMOLED's vibrant colors and contrast (pitch-black blacks). However, the screen is still a Pentile display at 480x800.
- Battery life The day I can use a phone moderately-heavy and get a good 2-3 days on one charge is the day any phone gets a rated 5 from me.
- Camera No comments
- Ease of use No comments
- Design and form factor Love the lightness, and the way it feels in my hands! I got a case to protect it, but always find myself removing it! :)
- Portability (size / weight) This thing is thin, and super light. Lightness is one feature I've come to love of Samsung's hardware.
- Media support No comments
- Durability Plastic. Drop this and it may have some ugly scars. However I did own an Epic 4G and it held up pretty friggin well after 40-50 drops, minor nicks is all it had
- Ecosystem (apps, accessories, etc.) Android has Every app I need at my fingertips. And as a music fiend, that new Music Beta just perfected everything about Android for me.
I can notice the faster navigation in the stock OS, even after using Cyanogenmod 7 on my previously owned Evo and Epic. Super snappy. One moment of lag around the time I activated it, but everything is perfect right now. I may not even root this, don't see a need. I rooted before to get stock Android, and to have wifi tether. But these are available without the work in stock Gingerbread. I can also say that I have been experiencing some of the reception issues via wifi as others have reported. Haven't done a speed test for 3G, but it seems fine for the 4 hours I've used it.
I also can't wait to use Google Wallet via NFC, but it may be a long while before I can get the Google Offers portion in my city. Groupon and Living Social will still be in heavy rotation up until, and pass, the time Google Offers is launched in Baltimore.
I highly recommend this phone if you want immediate access to Android updates; a light, sleek device; 4G; and the stock Android experience.
UPDATE: Wifi issues are quite noticeable. Samsung apprently went with a low-powered wifi chip, and it appears that it's too low-powered. I'm having connectivity issues where I've always had gerat consistent connections with my Epic and Evo. Sometimes this just will not connect to the network at all.
1 person found this review helpful
Edited comment on Portability (size / weight)
Edited comment on Design and form factor
Edited comment on Display
Edited comment on Reception and call quality
Updated detailed review
Reception and call quality rating changed from 4 to 2