- Reception and call quality Phone does well in low-signal areas. I do not consistantly find calls being dropped.
- Display Bright screen, highly adjustable brightness and color settings
- Battery life running ICS 4.0.3 battery has been lasting well over a day. much improved over 2.3.6, where I was mostly getting a day of life.
- Camera No comments
- Ease of use It's a phone, ICS has proven to be extremely intuitive and easy to learn. Call buttons are large and easy to distinguish from backgrounds.
- Design and form factor Curved screen seems to make the phone fit in hand very nicely.
- Portability (size / weight) screen is not overly large and the phone is very light. It fits in a front pocket of normal jeans (not skinny, you damn hipsters!) well.
- Media support More a function of the system, but the phone can play anything I throw at it, Netflix plays like a dream, no stuttering.
- Durability I took one star away for not having gorilla glass, so now I have to use a screen protector. other than that, no protection, and no need for it yet.
- Ecosystem (apps, accessories, etc.) Android Market has impressed me with the wide variety of apps. I do wish more apps would take advantage of the NFC function.
The phone came with a rubber case from the previous owner, but I have found that to be unnecessary in daily use. I did put a screen protector on , as the glass is not the Corning Gorilla Glass type, so I wanted to make sure it was protected. The back is a single plastic shell that pops off easily (but not too easily!) to reveal the battery, and SIM.
The only complaint I really have about this phone is the lack of expandable storage. It came with 16GB, but only ~13GB is available for use. I make up for it by making most of my media take advantage of streaming, since I have an unlimited data plan.
Overall a very nice phone, easy to use, comfortable, the battery lasts a good long while, and it has a ton of features.
2 people find this review helpful