The seemingly neverending saga of the Wiimote and Zelda: Twilight Princess has finally come to a definitive close. We knew it was going to contain special Wii functionality, but now we know the hows of it. Some highlights:
- Zelda: TP will be released for both Gamecube and Wii day and date with the Wii's Q4 launch. This will be two different SKUs, not one game with dual functionality.
- An on-screen fairy serves as the Wiimotes targeting reticule; you point, she floats.
- Use the nunchuck to control your spin-attack and perform a badass thrust attack.
- Link's targeting system is handled using the Z button while forward swing is handled using the B button.
- The Wii's internal speaker will deliver "depth of sound" with weapons like the bow (and presumably the hookshot and boomerang ... no PS3 controller jokes please).
- Zelda: TP will be playable on the show floor starting tomorrow!