Latest in Fire

Image credit:

Resident's 18 TVs might have caused high-rise fire

Darren Murph

Picture this: you're kicked back watching several of your 18 televisions while propping your feet up on one and holding the door open with two others -- and then your room catches on fire. Strangely enough, something very similar may have happened; the precise cause of the fire that lit up Florida's Hotel Versailles -- forcing the Red Cross to relocate 150 residents -- is still being investigated, but there's no way having that many TVs plugged into a small army of power strips can be safe. When firefighters arrived, even they commented on the difficultly of extinguishing flames while wading through over a dozen CRT sets. So the next time you think about rigging up an insane multi-monitor setup, keep your protective gear close at hand.

From around the web

ear iconeye icontext filevr