Listen up: the Engadget Army is looking for fresh recruits, so we're issuing an open call for new writers. If you live and breathe gadgets, this is your chance to get paid to write about them (seriously, this is a paying gig!). Professional writing experience isn't critical (though it doesn't hurt); all we really care about is that you can write about gadgets with wit, concision, and authority.
Right now we're looking to fill writing positions at:
- Engadget (East Coast editor, and night time and weekend contributing writers)
- Engadget HD (contributing writer)
- Engadget Mobile (contributing writer)
Here's what you need to send to apply:
- Three sample posts written in the Engadget style (make sure these are germane to the site you want to write for). These sample posts can be about whatever you want, but they should seem like they could have been written by one of our writers (but without all the typos and gross inaccuracies).
- A few words about yourself.
- If you're applying for Engadget, list three of your favorite gadgets of all time.
- If you're applying for Engadget HD, list your three favorite HD-related products.
- If you're applying for Engadget Mobile, list your three favorite cellphones.
- Your contact info.
- How much time per week you can commit to blogging. Be realistic, okay?
- Oh, and no attachments or resumes.
We usually get a lot of applications, so please give us some time to look stuff over, cool?