Introducing HP Blackbird 002
HP Blackbird 002 is a machine born from the minds of gamers, created with gamers in mind. Designed by a core group of gaming enthusiasts at HP and performance computing experts from VoodooPC, HP Blackbird 002 offers gamers new levels of innovation and versatility. Every element of HP Blackbird 002 – from its aluminum chassis to the cast-aluminum foot – contributes to its dynamic look and its extreme performance.
Built with industry standard components, it is also designed to encourage gaming enthusiasts to make modifications to existing hardware and upgrade to future generations of performance hardware. Features like the removable side panel and interior/exterior back panel LED lighting make it convenient for gamers to get inside the machine and tweak it.
To ensure performance meets each Blackbird owner's expectations, every HP Blackbird 002 is configured to the individual's preference when it is purchased and ships with a completely open BIOS, allowing for total customization.
Although the system was designed with gamers in mind, it is also ideal for anyone needing a performance machine. People looking for a PC to handle demanding tasks such as photo, video and music editing will also love the innovation packed into HP Blackbird 002.
Key Design Elements
- Industry Standard Components – HP Blackbird 002 is the most versatile and configurable performance PC in its class, simply because industry standard components are used throughout the machine, making modification easy and driver conflicts a thing of the past.
- Full System Liquid Cooling – HP Blackbird 002 is the first in its class to feature full system, maintenance-free liquid cooling that draws heat away from the CPU, motherboard and GPUs. The factory-sealed system does not require the periodic maintenance other systems demand and keeps the machine running quiet.
- Thermals – Heat is the enemy of performance PCs, and the three biggest heat generators are the CPU, the GPUs and the power supply. HP Blackbird 002 isolates each heat source in its own thermal chamber, ensuring that cooling air isn't contaminated with heat from one component on its way to cool off another one. The HP Blackbird 002 can handle the heat.
- Easy Access – The machine invites users to pop the hood and tinker away. HP Blackbird 002 and its removable side panel, interior and back panel lighting, and Voodoo-style wiring provides easy access for enthusiasts to fine tune their machine's performance.
- Tool-less Upgrades – HP Blackbird 002 does not come with a toolkit. All the components, from the CPU and GPU to the hard drives and optical drives, can be removed and installed sans tools.
- Flexible Overclocking – The HP Blackbird 002 standard BIOS allows user-controlled overclocking. LCS systems are factory overclocked.
- Aluminum Chassis – Every element of the system's unique aluminum chassis tells a story. Its wedge-shaped design and vectored lines hint at the raw speed inside. The fins that line the top and front reflect a heat sink, paying homage to HP Blackbird's extraordinary thermal management capabilities. And the tight fit and finish of the chamfered edges make it clear that this finely crafted machine is tuned to perfection.
- The Hover – The single, cast-aluminum foot supporting HP Blackbird 002 is capable of supporting up to 600 lbs., and only a select number of production facilities are capable of manufacturing it. The cantilevered design allows airflow under HP Blackbird 002, making it possible to seat the 1.1 kW power supply at the base of the chassis.
- Availability, Pricing & Warranty
- Purchasing – The machine can be purchased online at www.hp.com/blackbird beginning Sept. 5, 2007
- Pricing - $2,500 to $6,500 depending on configuration
- Warranty – One year limited warranty*