breaks down the year-long marketing campaign by Microsoft for the launch of Halo 3. Brandweek says that the ads coming out as part of the "Believe" campaign (created by mega-firm McCann-Erickson) are the last part in the five-pronged assault.
- Phase 1: Starry Nights introduced "Finish the fight" last year during Monday Night Football with 7.9 million households watching.
- Phase 2: The Beta (yes, it deserves the capital B) -- must we say more?
- Phase 3: Project Iris. For the hardest of the hardcore with a tip of the hat to Halo 2's "Ilovebees."
- Phase 4: Merchandising, merchandising! Look at all the product tie-in stuff.
- Phase 5: The "Believe" campaign along with the festivities.
Buy teh Haloz -- Travis Johnson