Latest in Fire

Image credit:

iPod sets man's pants on fire

Lisa Hoover

A Georgia man got a surprise recently when his iPod caught fire -- inside his pants pocket. Danny Williams was working at a kiosk at the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport when he says he noticed "flames coming up to his chest." It seems the year-old Nano he had in his pocket spontaneously combusted and the only thing that kept him from sustaining serious injury was a piece of paper in the same pocket that acted as a shield.

Williams told Atlanta's WSB-TV, "If [the] TSA had come by and seen me smoking, they could have honestly thought I was a terrorist."

Williams says Apple has offered to replace the Nano, and his mom notes she's relieved it didn't happen while he was sleeping or driving because the outcome could have been "much worse." Not that it's a good idea to keep your Nano in a pants pocket while driving, and many people sleep without pants, but you get the idea.

From around the web

ear iconeye icontext filevr