this forum post from Blizzard, and sing a happy song while you hurry up and wait! That's right, in answer to the crying pleas of casual alt-oholics everywhere, Blizzard is finally speeding up the tedious leveling curve for old world content in patch 2.3, adding in a bunch of new quests, nerfing a lot of the nastiest bad guys, and buffing a whole bunch of the items they drop.
Here's a summarized list of the changes, with the full post by Vaneras copied for you beyond the link below.
- Amount of experience needed to level reduced by 15% per level between 20 and 60.
- Experience gained from completing quests increased between levels 30 and 60.
- Outdoor elite quests will now now be soloable, with the same (or better) rewards.
- About 60 new quests and a new goblin town based in Dustwallow Marsh (levels 30 to 40)
- Level ranges for old dungeons to be narrowed down a bit (so that if you are high enough to start them, you are high enough to finish them too)
- Increased questing experience for dungeon quests.
- Buffed up item drops from dungeon bosses.