Two Lord of the Rings Online dev chats within one week? It's like Christmas came early for LotRO players. But it looks like some players are getting presents and others are getting coal.
German website, Lotro-Welten, held its monthly LotRO dev chat for European players last week. And last night US players got their own dev chat at MMORPG. Strangely, the EU dev chat held a wealth of new information while the US chat had very little new or interesting. Here are the highlights from Lotro-Welten's chat, mostly applying to the upcoming Book 12 content patch:
- Fishing is being introduced as a new profession category called Hobbies
- Hobbies are professions that anyone can level up in regardless of their other tradeskill choices
- The barber in Book 12 will offer new hairstyles
- The new cosmetic system allowing you to display different clothing will not extend to hand held items and will be entirely disabled in PvMP zones
- More solo content is a big priority for the dev team and Angmar is getting a pass in Book 12 to become more solo friendly