Quite a week in the World of Warcraft, which Joystiq sister site WoW Insider covers like a Warcraft Adventures-style bedsheet each and every single day. We continued to get lots of great information about patch 2.4 (including big news from the new raid instance,The Sunwell), and Heroics made a nice return to the news, with all the new badge loot. Oh, and we even had a liveblog go down straight from GDC. Here's our best stuff.
- GDC08: Live form Rob Pardo's talk about Blizzard's approach to MMOs
The Senior VP of game design lays out what the big plan is for Blizzard's biggest game.
- PTR Notes: Patch note watch 2/20
New buffs and nerfs continue to drop from the Public Test Realm as Blizzard gets the next patch ready to go live.
- 2.4 PvP sets gold and rep requirements
What you'll need to do to get what you want.
- Meet Lord Ahune
Blizzard is also updating the Midsummer Fire Festival, and so here's the new Headless Horseman -- epics for everyone!
- Thrall gets a new Big Brother: US government wants to search for terrorists on WoW
Could Bin Laden be hiding in Elwynn Forest?
- What does the Warlock Lifetap nerf mean?
Lifetap got taken down a notch, but why is everyone up in arms about it?
- Breakfast Topic: Heroic PuGs from hell
Everyone's been in a group like this, but being in a Heroic makes it even worse.
- Know Your Lore: The story of the Burning Crusade
The expansion's lore is going to get wrapped up in the next patch, so here's what you need to know before we all go see the ending.
- Dress yourself up completely in Badge Loot
Got Heroic Badges? Now you can gear yourself all out.
- Hybrid Theory: What's a hybrid v2.0
Our column on hybrid classes returns with a new writer and a new outlook on what it means to step across lines in the RPG class trinity.