- This isn't actually a guild thing, but we'll make an exception, since it does have to do with raiding. A dude shows up on the WoW forums, and when he complains that raiding is too easy, someone lays into him with an epic burn: the complainer doesn't have a single achievement from Ulduar. But what's best about this is that the epic burner... is a blue. Wow, Zarhym, that was harsh.
- Blizzomniac on Alexstrasza is technically just your average ninja -- he took the T7 helm off of KT specifically over people who could have used it as an upgrade. But what makes him worth posting about here? His guild (who unfortunately we can't name -- our tipster didn't say who they were) kicked him out. And after that, he actually whispered the people who could have used the helm to taunt them. Takes a special kind to do that.
- The Village People on EU Doomhammer was hijacked, we hear, by the guild leader's girlfriend. That didn't sit well with a bunch of longtime members, so they decided to move on and form another guild called Exalted. Which is cool and all, but we want to know: how and why does someone's girlfriend hijack a guild?
- Shinori posts that he would rather be in a hardcore guild than the sucky one he's in now over on MMO Champion, and the forum posters there tear him a new one after inspecting his Armory. That right there is funny enough, but wait, there's more: his guild, The Authority on Whisperwind (of which he's guild leader, mind), sees it in a post on the official forums. Yes, we bet that would make for an interesting guild meeting.
- Exalted with Repair Bots (winner of this week's Best Guild Name award) apparently ninja'd an instance from Chaøtic Legiøn, both over on The Venture Company. There was a misunderstanding, it sounds like, and somehow one guild wasn't around when the other wanted to run. Still, a ninja is a ninja, right? Why are they running together in the first place? And yeah -- who cares about Naxx any more? Wait a week and run it again.
- Divine Intervention on EU Turalyon went into Naxx for the first time as a guild (they'd been in there before) and invited an old friend of theirs (also a former guildie) named Rigged along as well. They did everything but Sapph and KT, and decided to call it a night and come back the next day. You may have guessed what happened next already: they showed up to find the instance cleared out. A quick search got underway, and of course suspicion turned to Rigged. He strictly denied it, saying there was no way it was him. But the Armory said otherwise: his Naxx achievement for clearing everything has been gained that very day. You can see some of the fallout above.
- Here's a pretty touching tribute to a fallen hero on the RP server of EU The Sha'tar. Only one problem, though: he's not actually dead.
- Finally, this is just a perfect specimen of a drama thread. It's got everything: walls of text taking some little guild quibble way too seriously, point-by-point breakdown of why the OP is wrong, and a devolved flame war by the end. We don't even really care what it's about -- the beauty here is that people can spend so much time and effort arguing fervently over something that is, essentially, just plain meaningless. And that's why we do this column every week.
- Forlorn Legacy of Windrunner-A has completed Thorim's hard mode, getting them ranked 8th in the US. They even have a video out of the fight. They're recruiting as well: two Warlocks and anyone else who's exceptional.
- Crucial on Exodar took down 25-man Malygos last week. "Was hard," they say, "but we got him."
- Balance of Judgement (EU Darkmoon Faire-A) downed Ignis, Razorscale and XT-002 Deconstructor (10-man) in two evenings of Ulduar raiding. Kologarn is on notice for next time, if they haven't gotten him already.
- Exiles of Darkmoon Faire have finally downed all of Naxx Normal and Heroic, and also started Ulduar downing Flame Leviathon, XT-9000 and Ignis. Grats to all!
- The Hit Listers, from Eredar, finally killed Malygos in 10 man, one-shotted XT-002 Deconstructor on the first try and downed Razorscale after two tries all in the same week. Way to go!
- Business Casual on Frostmane-A is a ten man only guild that raids two nights a week for about three hours a night. Which is probably as casual as Ulduar raids can get, but they've still downed Hodir, Freya, and Thorim. Mimiron is on notice, very nice job, guys.
- After clearing ten bosses in week 1 of Ulduar Dark Glare of EU The Sha'tar (them again? I think we have a record for most realm mentions in one GW) have continued on through all other bosses and are currently working on Yogg Saron. They are sure a down is impending.
- Catalyst, Alliance guild on Shattered Halls has downed Flame Leviathan, Razorscale, XT-002, Kologarn, and the Assembly of Iron in 25-man. In 10-man, they've downed everything but Mimiron, General Vezax, and Yogg. They're also seeking a Holy Priest, Holy Paladin, and Prot Paladin ready and geared for 25-man Ulduar.
- ACME of EU Ghostlands cleared out Naxxramas -- they're a little guild who've been around since early Burning Crusade, and they've casual, but their first rule is to be gentlemen and women in every situation. They're proud to have finished off Naxx as a guild, and we're proud of them.
- Reigning Maelstrom from Maelstrom downed Flame Leviathan and Razorscale. Even picked up the Shutdown achievement on FL with no wipes. Congrats!
- Phoenix from Dath'Remar has been doing Ulduar 10 with a core group and has so far downed Flame Leviathin, Ignis (w/ Shattered Achievement), Razorscale (one shot), Xt-002, Kologarn and Auriaya (one shot) and got Assembly of Iron down to 190k before hitting enrage. They're also recruiting to fill out groups for 10-mans, including Warriors/Death Knights, and Shaman/Pally Heals. DPS will also be taken if worth it.
- Sabachtani, a relatively new guild on EU Hellscream, recently cleared Naxx 10-man and is currently gearing up for EoE and Ulduar. They also broke into the top 100 in guild progress on the server and are steadily on the rise. They're currently recruiting all classes working towards 25-man content.
- Mouthful of Justice of Cenarion Circle one-shot Razorscale and Deconstructor on their first ever attempt, and had high hopes for Kologarn... until someone in the raid wiped them six times in a row. They say they had no drama, though, so they'll be back to take him out.
- Darkness Falls on Tortheldrin had group two of the guild down nine bosses in Ulduar 10, including five bosses in the last week. Congrats!
- The Legacy of Earthen Ring got a Siege Area server first, downing Ignis before the hotfix and nerf. They also progressed up to Thorim on Heroic. In 10-man, they're working on Mimiron. And they're recruiting, too.
- Last Hope on Darksorrow managed to get Yogg-Saron down. They are working next on hard modes, after a little bit more gearing up. Good luck!
- Crimson Guard of Medivh is currently recruiting for an Ulduar 10-man -- as long as you know not to stand in stuff, can take a joke, and know your class inside and out (and are willing to learn even more), they're looking for you. Specifically, they're seeking a Warrior, Healer, and a DPS as well.
- Codex Antiquitas on Duskwood-A is a tiny casual guild looking to form an alliance with one or more like-minded, similar guilds to run dungeons and/or Heroics. They're a small group of altoholics with a sense of humor who play to enjoy the game and not get too excited over loot, PvP or drama.
- Malice is recruiting on Windrunner. The former Alliance guild from 2006 is being re-established as Horde. All former members are welcome, including their friends and family. This time around they say they will be a completely casual guild of all levels, with no commitments, no class requirements and zero stress.
- METTLE (server?) is a semi-casual raiding guild looking for squishies (Mage, Lock, Priest) to fill out the membership for 25-mans. They've been rolling Ulduar 10 and have downed Flame Leviathan, Razorscale, Ignis, XT-002, and Kologarn, while similtaneously gearing up new members in Naxx 25. They're aiming to pick up 4-6 more and make the switch to full 25-man raiding.
- Knights of Ni on Dawnbringer is currently seeking Resto Druids, Boomkins, Shadow Priests and Elemental Shaman to fill out Naxx 25 and Ulduar teams. If you are interested, hit up the website for more info.
- Sans Vagabond is a guild on Kil'jaeden-H interested in 10 man content. Their members are former 25-man hardcore raiders looking forward to goal-oriented content clearing. They currently are looking for a Holy Paladin, Holy Priest and an Elemental Shaman (who can go Resto when needed).
- Core on EU Twilight's Hammer are currently looking to fill a few raid spots and build a stronger raid force. They were clearing Naxx 25 and Maly in an evening with Sarth 3D very close before 3.1 launched and have now decided to focus fully on Ulduar. Levi and Razorscale are down and XT-002 and Ignis are well in hand once a few spots are filled. They are seeking mature raiders to fill ranged DPS and tree healer spots though other healers are most welcome.
- Carpe Imperium (Malfurion-A) is a progression minded semi-casual guild that has cleared all T7 and now runs Naxx 25, OS/EOE 25, and Ulduar 10 and are now recruiting to begin Ulduar 25. They need an Elemental Shaman, a Shadow Priest, a Holy Priest, and a Feral Tank.
- Impact on EU Quel'thalas-A is a casual raiding guild who has cleared out Naxx, Malygos, and Sarth, and is working their way through normal Uldar. All classes welcome, as long as you're mature, friendly, and don't mind a little wiping until they get the boss fights down. They're working on building up a good player base for 25-mans, so if you want in on the ground floor, let them know.
- Kindred Chaos on Lothar-A is recruiting. Visit the site's forum to fill out an application.
- OVERRAIDED is now 3 of 14 in 25 man Ulduar. They are also currently seeking mature and dependable raiders with determination to push progression to the limits. Immediate openings for a Shadow Priest and other raid DPS as wel, and they are always looking for exceptional applicants. They also offer many incentives to members, such as guild repairs for raids, enchanting mats and gems for upgraded gear etc. For a list of more and to see what else they have to offer please visit their website.
That's it for GW this week. Until next week, happy raiding!
That not enough guild news for you? There's lots more Guildwatch in the archives, including an honest-to-goodness /gkick contract, and lots of red-handed bank looting. Wherever people /gquit or are /gkicked, that's where you'll find GW!