Free Realms. Well, almost... With the quote-unquote Global Economic Crisis we've been going through, almost all stocks are down from a year ago. Does that mean that now is a good time to invest? It probably depends on whether or not you believe the market has hit the bottom yet.
Word on the street is that the video game industry is recession-proof (or not). When you're pinching pennies, MMOs in particular are one of the cheapest forms of entertainment and escapism money can buy. We're not here to offer advice one way or the other, but we are curious -- do you play the MMO stock market? We did a bit of digging and found a number of stocks from companies producing MMOs:
- Activision Blizzard (ATVI) - World of Warcraft, new secret project
- Atari (FR:ATA) - Champions Online, Star Trek Online, etc.
- Electronic Arts (ERTS) - Warhammer Online, Star Wars: The Old Republic, etc.
- Funcom (NO:FUNCOM) - Age of Conan, The Secret World, etc.
- NCsoft (OTC:NCSCF) - Guild Wars, Aion, etc.
- Sony Corporation (SNE) - Free Realms, DC Universe Online, etc.
- THQ Inc. (THQI) - Dragonica Online, Warhammer 40k, etc.