Sony had itself quite a day yesterday, effectively reinvigorating the PlayStation brand with the $300 PS3 Slim and a host of upgrades and updates to the PSP, the PlayStation Store, and PlayStation Network. Now that the dust has settled, we thought we'd throw down a little recap in case you didn't catch it all -- it's clear that the lower-priced Slim has a lot of people talking about finally buying a PS3, but we think things like PSP Minis "snackable" games and the new PS3 firmware 3.0 might be equally important in the long run. Here's the full breakdown:
- Sony's GamesCom presser coverage live at Joystiq!
- Live from Sony's GamesCom Press conference (at Joystiq)
- Sony unveils slimmer PS3: $300, lands in September (updated!)
- PlayStation 3 Slim unboxing and hands-on!
- PS3 Slim sized up: smaller, deeper, no Linux or PS2 compatibility
- Sony sneaks PS3 Slim through FCC under pseudonym, 250GB model discovered
- Sony finally hacks $100 from 'old' PlayStation 3 price, starting today
- Sony announces PS3 firmware 3.0, European PlayStation Video Store, Digital Reader comics viewer
- Editorial: A slimmer, cheaper, better PS3. Was that so hard?