Guild Wars fans and aspiring game art designers will be descending on Bellevue, WA at the end of the month to attend FUTUREPOLY's sold-out digital arts workshop.
FUTUREPOLY focuses specifically on video game development and offers a series of regular classes ranging in length from one to six months, but this is their first one-time workshop, and was obviously a big hit. The workshop will be five hours long, and feature demonstrations from the regular instructors, some of the top names in the field:
- Daniel Dociu, Chief Art Director at NCsoft North America (currently focusing on Guild Wars 2.)
- Jaime Jones, digital artist for titles such as Halo, Guild Wars, Wizards of the Coast and many more.
- Kekai Kotaki, lead concept artist for Guild Wars 2.
- Richard Anderson, ArenaNet artist for the past seven years, currently creating cinematic illustrations for Guild Wars 2
- Matthew Barrett, creature and environment concept artist
- Horia Dociu, cinematic director for Guild Wars 2.