Panasonic to dump a pile of camcorders at once, ensuring every domestic niche is covered. We have five separate models, so bear with us as we break out some bullets:
- HM-TA20 - This is a Flip-style upright design with a lens on one side and, on the other, an LCD with a big red button beneath it. But, it's durable, offering three meters of waterproof protection and a durable, dust-proof case. It'll do 1080p footage, offers no optical zooming, but does have a night mode that drops it down to 15fps to help it perform well when the lights go out. It can be used as a webcam, too.
- HM-TA2 - This is basically the TA20 minus the heavy-duty bits. Best to keep it dry. Comes with a tripod for self-portraits. Perfect for your new MySpace profile pic!
- HX-WA10 - Another durable one, waterproof to three meters, dust and shockproof, captures 16 megapixel stills and records 1080p footage, too. It offers a pistol-style grip and a flip-out, three-inch touchscreen. It's pictured after the break.
- HX-DC10 - This is basically a WA10 that doesn't like the water, or the dust, or being dropped.
- HX-DC1 - Another step down the cost ladder, this one backing down to 14 megapixel stills and losing some of the high-tech trickery of the others. Its three-inch LCD isn't touchable.