Growing Businesses Thrive with Dell Vostro Laptops and Dedicated Services
· Dell's latest Vostro laptops deliver portability, value and performance to style-savvy professionals
· Dell services and support help businesses with little to no IT support prosper in competitive environments
ROUND ROCK, Texas, June 12, 2012 – Dell today announced the Vostro 3360, 3460 and 3560 laptops designed to deliver strong performance and security with IT support crafted specifically for growing businesses. These new Vostro laptops are easy to configure, easy to maintain, highly productive, and feature the latest technology and business-critical security and support at a great value.
"Growing a business takes more than just hardware; you need to have a solid support system in place to scale and succeed," said Sam Burd, vice president, Dell Personal Computing Product Group. "The Vostro product family enables emerging businesses to grow and thrive in competitive environments. Our end-to-end solution is the reason why so many of our Vostro customers recommend the products to their friends, family and colleagues."
Performance and Design Built for Success
Designed for professionals in search of power, portability, and value, the new Vostro laptops offer three elegant sizes – 13-inch, 14-inch and 15-inch, and three colors – Aberdeen Silver, Brisbane Bronze and Lucerne Red. The laptops are available with options such as the latest Intel 3rd generation processors that enable professionals to breeze through their intensive day-to-day tasks, while 6-cell batteries on the 3460 and 3560 (4-cell battery on the 3360) enable hours of mobile productivity. Comprehensive wireless connectivity and collaboration solutions such as an HD web cam and microphone, Waves MaxxVoice Pro, Bluetooth 4.0 and optional 4G LTE mobile broadband (Vostro 3360 & 3460) with Dell NetReady mobile broadband service allow customers to stay connected anywhere, at any time.
The 13-inch Vostro 3360 offers superb portability in a thin 0.76-inch design and mainstream performance for professionals constantly on the go. The 14 and 15-inch Vostro 3460 and 3560 laptops simplify content creation by delivering superior performance ready to handle the most demanding business needs. All three laptops, when configured with a 32GB mSATA SSD card, feature near-instant boot-up and hibernate response times with Intel Rapid Start Technology, while Intel Smart Connect Technology keeps content updated even when in sleep mode, allowing customers to access critical business information quickly and easily.
Security and Services
An increasingly mobile workforce has made it a requirement for growing businesses to depend on reliable, secure and simple to use technology with little or no maintenance. The Vostro line delivers dependable, worry-free business security and services allowing customers to concentrate on succeeding with their business without focusing on their IT.
Standard fingerprint readers, file and folder encryption via DigitalPersona File Protection software, and Trend Micro security software ensure that critical data is securely protected, while Dell DataSafe Online Backup safeguards that valuable data via online back-up to a protected, remote storage site. Additionally, award-winning and comprehensive Dell ProSupport delivers 24/7 access to experts well-versed in the needs of a growing business, and Dell's Accidental Damage Service adds an extra level of security by protecting the laptops from drops, spills, surges and other on-the-job accidents.
"Dell has been a tremendous partner and advocate for the young, high-growth companies we support," said Scott Case, CEO of the Startup America Partnership. "The startups we work with are laser-focused on growing their businesses and achieving their dreams, and they deserve the peace of mind from knowing that Dell is delivering quality products, security and services that fully address their IT needs."
Pricing and Availability:
The Vostro 3560 laptop is available now on Dell.com, starting at $599. The Vostro 3360 (starting at $649) and Vostro 3460 (starting at $599) will be available from June 21st on Dell.com.
Vostro 3000 Series
- 2nd and 3rd Generation Intel processor options
- Intel 3rd Generation Core i5 and i7 processors (optional)
- Intel 2nd Generation Core i3 processors (standard)
- Intel HD and powerful discrete AMD and NVIDIA graphics options
- Intel HD Graphics 3000 (standard for 2nd gen processor configurations)
- Intel HD Graphics 4000 (standard for 3rd gen processor configurations)
- AMD Radeon HD 7670M (optional on Vostro 3560)
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M (optional on Vostro 3460)
- 13.3-inch, 14.0-inch and 15.6-inch HD (1366x768) WLED Anti-Glare Displays; optional Full HD (1920x1080) display available on Vostro 3560
- Configure with up to 8GB DD3 memory (4GB standard); 2 DIMM slots
- Numerous hard drive configuration options with Free Fall Sensor:
- Vostro 3360: 320GB 7200RPM HDD (standard); optional 500GB 5400RPM HDD, optional 32GB mSATA SSD
- Vostro 3460 and 3560: 320GB 7200RPM HDD (standard), optional 500GB and 750GB 7200RPM HDD, optional 32GB mSATA SSD
- DVDRW drive
- Standard full size, spill resistant keyboard; optional backlit keyboard on Vostro 3460 and 3560
- HD Webcam with integrated dual digital array microphone and Waves MaxxVoice Pro
- Standard fingerprint reader with Digital Persona Software for added security
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional options
- Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
- Comprehensive connectivity options:
- Wireless LAN: 802.11a/b/g/n and Bluetooth Combo(BT V4.0+HS)
- Wireless WAN: HSPA 2.0; EVDO-HSPA mini-card (Vostro 3360 and 3460 only)
- Ports and Connectors: VGA, HDMI, LAN RJ-45, headphone/ headset /speaker out, 8-in-1 card reader. 34mm Express Card slot available on 3460 and 3560.
- Vostro 3360 - USB 3.0 (2), USB 3.0 with Power Share (1) (3 total)
- Vostro 3460 and 3560 - USB 3.0 (3), USB 3.0 with Power Share (1) (4 total)