Magellan Focuses on Driver Safety with Bluetooth Safe Texting and More on New RoadMate Models
Magellan announced today five of the newest 2012 Magellan RoadMate GPS models with innovative features that underscore Magellan's dedication to driver safety and convenience. The models are:
• RoadMate 2240T-LM - 4.3 inch with Portrait Mode
• RoadMate 2255T-LMB - 4.3 inch with Bluetooth Safe Texting and Portrait Mode
• RoadMate 5240T-LM - 5.0 inch with Portrait Mode
• RoadMate 5255T-LM - 5.0 inch with Wireless Back-Up Camera Compatibility and Portrait Mode
• RoadMate 5265T-LMB - 5.0 inch with Bluetooth Safe Texting, Wireless Back-Up Camera Compatibility and Portrait Mode
Bluetooth 'Safe Texting' enables drivers to quickly and safely respond to a call with a pre-written text message. The driver may select from a text message to inform the caller that they are driving and will call them later, or a text that will include the vehicle's present location and estimated time of arrival to their destination. When paired with a compatible Bluetooth cell phone, drivers can also safely talk hands-free.
The award-winning Wireless Back-up Camera ($149.99) allows drivers to see what is behind the vehicle when in reverse-mode, protecting children, pets and other vehicles. ''Portrait Mode' viewing gives drivers the option of seeing expanded roadway details about what is ahead (portrait) or details about what is around them (landscape).
Additional features on all five models include Lifetime Traffic, Lifetime Map updates, 'Landmark Guidance', 'Traffic Camera Alerts', 'Junction View', BestParking.com and the Magellan-exclusive 'OneTouch™' menu and AAA TourBook.
The new Magellan RoadMate GPS devices will be available in September with an MSRP ranging from $159.99 to $199.99. For more information about Magellan, please visit www.MagellanGPS.com.