Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity + Sleep Wristband Now Shipping
Bluetooth 4.0 syncing and a comfortable all-day wristband design make it easier than ever to achieve your fitness goals on-the-go
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., May 06, 2013 – Fitbit, market leader in the fast-growing Connected Health & Fitness category, today released its latest innovation and first-ever wristband, Fitbit Flex™. Flex is the only activity tracking wristband on the market to sync wirelessly on-the-go via Bluetooth 4.0 to select iOS and Android devices. With Flex's all-day wearable design and its all-new customizable online dashboard, you can seamlessly make fitness a part of your everyday lifestyle and check your stats from anywhere. By adding a wristband tracker to its activity tracker portfolio, Fitbit becomes the first and only brand to offer a variety of clip and wristband trackers, allowing users to find the best solution for tracking their everyday health.
Like its sister products the Fitbit Zip and Fitbit One, the new Fitbit Flex tracks steps taken, distance travelled, and calories burned, as well as a brand new stat: active minutes. Active minutes track how many moderate-intensity cardio minutes you have a day (the Center for Disease Control recommends 150 of them each week). Flex's bright LED indicator lights offer a visual display as you reach 20 percent increments of achieving your goal (such as walking 10K steps), while a vibrating notification celebrates with you as you hit your goals throughout the day. Flex also tracks how long and how well you sleep, allowing you to learn how to sleep better, and offers a Silent Wake alarm that gently vibrates to wake you without waking your sleep partner.
Flex is the first and only activity and sleep tracking wristband on the market to sync with Bluetooth 4.0, so you can view your Fitbit dashboard, receive motivating notifications and engage in fitness competitions with friends without ever having to plug in or even push a button. Bluetooth 4.0 syncing works automatically with select iOS and Android devices, including Samsung Galaxy S III and Samsung Note II, as well as the iPhone 4S and 5.
"We are incredibly excited to launch the Fitbit Flex," says James Park, CEO and co-founder of Fitbit. "Fitbit has worked hard to develop the most seamless, versatile, and accurate activity trackers and with the addition of Flex, we truly have a product line that fits any lifestyle. Utilizing the latest technology-including Bluetooth 4.0 for mobile devices-Fitbit has developed a wristband tracker that offers the elements our fans love in a brand new form factor."
Fitbit Flex ($99.95) is available starting today on Fitbit.com and at major U.S. retailers.
Slim and Stylish Wristband Design
Flex is the activity tracker wristband designed to meet all of your needs. The slim and stylish wristband is comfortable enough to wear all day and can brave all the elements of your everyday lifestyle such as the shower or rain.
Fitbit Flex features and benefits include:
· Know your stats: Tracks steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes, a new stat from Fitbit. The Center for Disease Control recommends achieving at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity each week. Flex will encourage you to meet-and exceed-that goal, whether you are taking a brisk walk, running or working out at a cardio class.
· Getting good ZZZs: Tracks quality of sleep (number of hours, how many times you wake up and offers a sleep efficiency index) and uses a silent alarm that vibrates to wake you up gently.
· First and only wristband to: Sync to select mobile devices via Bluetooth 4.0 (the first all-day wristband tracker to offer this capability). It also syncs wirelessly and automatically to your computer. Syncs to iPhone 4S and 5, and now select Android devices, like the Samsung Galaxy S III and Note II.
· With you all the time: Comfortable enough to wear all day. Water-resistant. Wear it in the shower or the rain.
· Match your mood or personality: Flexible, interchangeable tracker with a variety of colorful wristbands (Black, Slate, Teal, Tangerine, Navy) that allow you to personalize your Flex. Flex trackers are sold with Black or Slate bands, and users can purchase accessory packs (Teal, Tangerine, Navy) for $29.95 for all three or $14.95 for one color.
· Rich mobile and online offerings: iPhone and Android app and online tools show activity charts, leaderboards and more. Set goals, view progress and earn badges. Also log food, weight and more on Fitbit's website and apps.
· Social motivation: Connect with friends and family for support or friendly competition.
· NFC and real-time syncing mean stats on-the-go: For select Android users, simply tap your Flex band on your NFC-enabled Android phone and it will automatically launch your Fitbit stats. For select iOS users, with real-time syncing, watch your steps increase on your Fitbit iPhone app right before your eyes!
· Multiple partners: Fitbit also integrates with many popular health and fitness apps, including Endomondo, LoseIt, MapMyFitness, MyFitnessPal and Sparkpeople, to enable users to share data from their favorite apps.
"I've been using Fitbit products with my clients for a long time," said Harley Pasternak, best-selling fitness and nutrition author, and personal trainer. "Keeping track of how active you are throughout the day is such an effective way to stay engaged with your health which is why I'm excited for the launch of the Fitbit Flex, a powerful new tool to help my clients reach their health and fitness goals."
Brand New Dashboard to Keep You Motivated
Fitbit is excited to debut a new, next-generation dashboard experience for all of its users. The new Fitbit dashboard is designed to be completely customizable, and has a better visual style that makes it easier for you to see your stats and progress. Users can chose which graphs, metrics, activity levels, and displays are the most motivating to them, and place them prominently on their dashboards to match their personal goals.