If you remember after the last Dev Watercooler, there was a flurry of activity on Twitter as Celestalon and Holinka answered questions. This time Ion "Watcher" Hazzikostas has taken to social media to answer questions and explain what's up. We're collecting his tweets here, to give folks a chance to see what he's got to say about the big changes coming to health and healing mechanics in Warlords.
- Currently, with healers able to heal everyone so quickly, fight damage has to almost kill them instantly to get healer attention, which is a design they want to get away from.
- The goal is for every healer to have a triage-capable healing kit without feeling the same.
- No, they're not just trying to repeat Cataclysm's healing game.
- Shamans have too many smart heals. But they have less instant cast healing that other healers.
- The changes to crit damage and healing in PvP mentioned in the watercooler are indeed PvP only.
- These changes are intended to affect all healers - this is a start for beta iteration to follow.
- Healers may have time to put DPS attacks into their rotations while healing in the new healer paradigm.
- Baseline mana regen will be higher, but you'll still use spirit to boost it when you get it on gear.