Pelican makes some amazing cases for shipping delicate equipment, and over the past few years they've brought their design expertise to play on Apple devices. Back in October I took a look at their ProGear 1070CC hard case for MacBook Air, and today we're looking at a case that can keep your iPhone 5 or 5s safe from drops... the Pelican ProGear Protector Series case (CE1150) for iPhone 5/5s.
- Price: $39.99 (available for less from online retailers)
- Dimensions: 5.25" x 2.71" x 0.51" (13.3 x 6.9 x 1.3 cm)
- Weight: 1.44 oz (40.82 grams)
- Materials: Elastomeric copolymer interior, engineering grade polymer outside
- Colors: Black/Dark Gray/Black, White/Black/White, Dark Red/Black/Red, Dark Gray/Orange/Dark Gray, Dark Teal/Light Gray/Dark Teal
- Available accessories: vehicle phone mount, bike phone mount, sport armband
- Lifetime warranty
While the Pelican ProGear Protector Series case isn't going to keep your device safe from water or dust like LifeProof's tightly-sealed cases, it's also much less expensive and can keep your iPhone from getting damaged from the most common type of accident -- a drop.
The case comes in a variety of colors, some of which are actually quite fashionable. The teal and gray version, for example, is attractive and different from what you'll find from a lot of case manufacturers. Our test case was gray and orange, providing a nice contrast and looking like a "sport case".