To experience the future of technology, sometimes you have to get your hands in the mud (though we're not planning on having anything that messy). We've lined up a bunch of interactive workshops that will keep guests of all ages fully entertained. Here's some of what you can expect:
- The LEGO® MINDSTORMS® robot-building competition will come to life at Expand. Come watch folks build a robot that can either "take" Manhattan or "take care" of it and get a shot at a LEGO MINDSTORMS trophy and a $500 LEGO® gift card.
- DODOcase will let you build your very own VR headset using its simple cardboard kit and your smartphone.
- Make: Magazine will offer a couple of workshops including one where participants can create a wearable circuit that lives on multiple bodies and responds to a social interaction between two people -- bringing social media to real life.
- Eyebeam will show you how to make a wireless network of your very own with the Raspberry Pi and BATMAN ADV protocols. It may sound complicated, but they'll keep it simple.
- SparkFun will bring you up to speed on the Internet of Things (IoT), showing you how to make a connected object with low-cost materials. The workshop is designed for folks with little to no coding experience.
For more details, check out the schedule.
Showing off the latest in technology
We've announced OnePlus, Suitable Technologies, Matterport, Huawei, GizmoSphere and GIROPTIC as some of the companies ready to show you what they're up to on the Expand show floor. Find out in the gallery below who you can hang out with and we'll have many more to announce next week.