The Dot is a smaller yet just as powerful version of the Amazon Echo. What it lacks in an internal speaker system it makes up for with an audio-out port and Bluetooth connectivity. While the app and inability to route queries to a single Alexa device within close proximity of each other can be annoying, the $50 price and Alexa's usefulness make the Dot a solid option for anyone who wants to start building a connected home on the cheap.
- Access to thousands of Alexa “Skills”
- Audio-out port and Bluetooth speaker support
- At $50, it's $150 cheaper than the full-size Echo
- Alexa app can be buggy
- Two Alexa devices in adjoining rooms will both try to answer queries
- Anemic sound from the built-in speaker