Apple MacBook Pro 15-inch (late 2016)
There's lots to like about the new MacBook Pro: its slimmed-down design, brighter screen, improved audio, faster graphics and disk speeds. But by doing things like removing full-sized USB ports, the memory card reader and even the Function row, Apple seems to forgotten how many of us actually work. An even better MacBook Pro would be one that doesn't require users to make drastic changes to their workflow.
- Attractive and well-built
- Thinner and lighter
- Retina screen is brighter and more colorful than ever
- Impressive audio quality
- Fast performance, especially the disk speeds
- Touch ID is a useful addition
- Spacious trackpad
- Easy to accidentally hit the Touch Bar instead of the Delete key
- No memory card slot
- The only ports are USB-C ports
- Rated battery life is shorter this year
- No more MagSafe
Users - Not yet scored
- Critic Reviews (10)
- 83AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsCNET80Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar (15-inch, 2016) rWith a slim bezel around its 15-inch screen and a thinner, lighter body, the top-end MacBook Pro packs a real visual punch. But if you miss the traditional HDMI and USB ports, consider the older 2015 model that Apple still sells.ZDNet80Apple 15-inch MacBook Pro (2016) review: Fast, ligThe new Touch Bar proves that Apple hasn't lost its innovative touch, and the 2016 15-inch MacBook Pro is a superb piece of engineering. It provides the performance that professional users need, wrapped up in an attractive, lightweight design that also offers all-day battery life.PC Mag80Apple MacBook Pro 15-Inch (2016)The top-of-the-line 15-inch MacBook Pro is now slimmer and more capable, and comes equipped with Apple's new Touch Bar. It's a laptop with the speed, storage, and size that traveling power users crave. Just get ready to buy some dongles.Macworld80MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: The best bits oIf I were buying one for myself, I’d go with the 13-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and max out the storage, although the 15-inch model is even better.The Wall Street Journal80Apple MacBook Pro Review: Same, Better and WorseDo you invest in the future—a beautiful, highly portable machine with new tricks? Or maybe you do what I’m doing: Stare down at your three-year-old laptop and wonder if you can tough it out another year or two while this sorts itself out.Forbes90Apple MacBook Pro 15-Inch With Touch Bar (Late 201I believe Apple still makes the best laptops on the planet and the MBP 15 Touch Bar is the pinnacle of Apple's MacBook line.Computer Shopper80Apple MacBook Pro (15-Inch, 2016) Review and RatinApple's new big-screen Pro impresses with its snazzy Touch Bar and slimmer, super-solid design. It's a good balance of performance and portability. Just know: You'll need dongles, and the keyboard is an acquired taste.TechRadar80Apple MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2016) reviewWhile Apple's brighter and bolder 15-inch MacBook brings immediate benefits the second you turn it on, it has its quirks and feels like a laptop that will become much more useful down the line.Recombu9015-inch Macbook Pro 2017 Review: In DepthBetween the gorgeous screen, impressive performance, adaptable Touch Bar and industry-leading usability, you’ll struggle to find something better for editing video, tracks and photos on the go.Notebookcheck90Apple MacBook Pro 15 (Late 2016, 2.6 GHz i7) NotebThe MacBook is still a very good multimedia notebook and many customers will certainly be happy with it, but you can easily skip this model and wait for the refresh next year if you do not really need a new system right now.
More from Apple
- Under the policy, you won't have to opt in if the price increase doesn't go over a certain threshold.