They’re calling the system 'Miniature Rodent Stereo Illumination VR,' or iMRSIV.
Cheyenne is Engadget’s weekend editor and covers a little bit of everything. She’s particularly interested in emerging technology and niche gadgets, climate change, space, privacy, and internet culture. She’ll talk your ear off about Tamagotchis if you get her started. Cheyenne has reported on consumer technology and science since 2015, and was among the founding editors of Input (RIP). Offline, she’s kept busy by her menagerie of pets both real and virtual, but can otherwise be found watching indie horror movies, playing relentlessly difficult video games, or honing her skills as a wildlife rehabilitator.
Articles By Cheyenne MacDonald
- It seems we’ll have to wait longer still for the M3 Mac Studio and Mac Pro.
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?
- The FTC and 17 state attorneys general filed the antitrust complaint against Amazon in September.
Controversial AI image platform Civitai dropped by its cloud computing provider after reports of possible CSAM404Media found Civitai could be used to make images that ‘could be categorized as child pornography,’ or child sexual abuse material (CSAM).
- Kiss worked with George Lucas’ SFX company Industrial Light & Magic, which previously made avatars for ABBA.
- The company bought rides from SpaceX for its Project Kuiper satellites, with three Falcon 9 launches set for 2025.
23andMe hackers accessed ancestry information on millions of customers using a feature that matches relativesHackers got into 0.1 percent of its customers' accounts, then exploited the DNA Relatives feature to access more data.
- The unredacted document reveals more details from a lawsuit filed against Meta by 33 states in October.
- A Google Nest Black Friday deal on Amazon sees the mesh routers on sale for upwards of 30 percent off.