Apple Smart Battery Case
It was only a matter of time before Apple made its own battery case, right? Too bad its debut effort, the $99 Smart Battery Case, is a bit of a hard sell. It certainly works as advertised, and niceties like iOS integration and the ability to charge the phone and the case at the same time add to its appeal. Still, there's no shortage of less expensive alternatives with bigger batteries, so only Apple die-hards need apply.
- Extends the battery life on your iPhone 6/6s
- Acoustic port makes audio sound better
- Comfortable to hold onto
- Odd-looking design
- Expensive compared to the competition
- No on/off switch for the battery
Users - Not yet scored
- Critic Reviews (10)
- 70AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsPC Mag70Apple iPhone 6s Smart Battery CaseApple's new Smart Battery Case sacrifices capacity for slimness, repeating the decisions that led you to need a battery case for your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6s in the first place.Gizmodo80iPhone Smart Battery Case Review: I Can't BelieveI like this one against all odds, but you might want more capacity or a more plastic-y form factor. But hey, at the very least the Smart Battery Case is a conversation starter.Wired60Review: iPhone Smart Battery CaseIf you like to your battery case on and off to give it a little bit of juice when needed, this case isn’t for you. But if you just want a case to put on once and never think about, then maybe this is worth the $99.CNET80Apple Smart Battery Case for iPhone 6S review: â€‹Apple's own iPhone 6 and 6S-compatible battery case is compact, comfortable and works with Lightning cables, but other cases exist that cost less and deliver more power.The Wall Street Journal80Apple Smart Battery Case Review: iPhone Battery LiThe Smart Battery Case is still a Band-Aid for Apple’s iPhone battery problem. We need longer-lasting batteries and easier ways to charge them ... I plan to spend the $99, but I hope one day the Smart Battery Case will just be an artifact from a time before iPhones could run for days.SlashGear70Apple Smart Battery Case for iPhone 6s ReviewGiven that it can put its battery case right on the shelf next to the iPhone 6s, Apple will undoubtedly sell plenty of them. Like with any accessory, though, it pays to look at the third-party options out there and consider just what you want from an external battery.Fortune70Why Apple's Smart Battery Case Gets the Job DoneFor those who often need to recharge an iPhone multiple times while traveling or over the weekend, the Smart Battery Case probably isn’t best for you. For those who need just a little more juice to get through a long travel day, the Smart Battery Case will get the job done.AppleInsider60Review: Apple Smart Battery Case for iPhone 6 & 6sThere's no reason to go with the Smart Battery Case unless you need something like it the moment you buy your iPhone and ... no other option is available. It does what it needs to do, but at a high pricetag and with problems other casemakers solved years ago.Know Your Mobile60Apple Smart Battery Case Review: Ugly But Useful IIt is VERY expensive and there are plenty of other cheaper options which, if you’re reading this with a view to actually investing in one, you should probably check out before dropping £79 of Apple’s Smart Battery Case.9to5Mac70Review: Weak battery aside, Apple's iPhone 6s SmarIf the Apple name or the unique dual battery Lock Screen feature are of interest, you like the way it looks, and you’re willing to pay a premium for the package, this isn’t a bad battery case.
Mercedes EQS first look: The pinnacle of EV luxury
Sony A1 review: The alpha of mirrorless cameras
More from Apple
- The company highlighted carbon capture and energy efficiency in its 2021 Environmental Progress Report.