The new Apple TV offers the most refined streaming interface yet, with a remote that's a step ahead of the competition. Its voice search actually works well, and even at this early stage, there are plenty of worthwhile apps and games. If you need 4K though, look elsewhere.
- New interface is refined and attractive
- Siri remote is a much-needed upgrade
- Voice search works well
- Solid app and gaming support
- No 4K support
- On-screen keyboard is still clumsy
Users - Not yet scored
- Critic Reviews (10)
- 82AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsWired60Review: Apple TVThe Apple TV is a really good set-top box. But it’s nothing more than that yet.Engadget90Apple TV review (2015): A huge leap forward, unlesThe new Apple TV offers the most refined streaming interface yet, with a remote that's a step ahead of the competition. Its voice search actually works well, and even at this early stage, there are plenty of worthwhile apps and games. If you need 4K though, look elsewhere.Gizmodo70New Apple TV Review: Is This It?So far, the new Apple TV feels overpriced and underwhelming. All that could change with a blossoming app ecosystem, though. This gadget is not the future of television as it is now, but one day it very well could be.Macworld80Apple TV review: Big steps forward, but not a revoIt's a lot more capable than the last-generation Apple TV, but this new version still has plenty of room for improvement.The Wall Street Journal80Apple TV Review: A Giant iPhone for Your Living RoThe TV of the future needs to be as powerful and easy to use as an iPhone, and this Apple TV is the first box—and the first Apple TV—to achieve that.Time90Apple TV Review: Is This Really the â€œFuture of TThe new Apple TV shows a lot of promise. It’s an excellent general-purpose streaming device, but keep in mind you’re paying a premium.Mashable90Welcome back, Apple TV. It's been a while.The new Apple TV is a huge improvement over the old Apple TV in every possible category. If you're already in Apple's ecosystem, it's definitely worth checking out.Tech Insider90I was skeptical about the new Apple TV at first â€The Apple TV is the best streaming box. But if you're not interested in apps and just want to stream from standard services like Netflix and Hulu, there are plenty of cheaper options like the Roku 3 ($100) or Chromecast ($35) that will get the job done.The Telegraph80Apple TV review: vision of the futureThe fourth generation Apple TV is close to hitting its stride, and has the potential to solve the key problems facing set top boxes.The Verge90APPLE TV REVIEWIf you just want a new streaming box, you can happily buy a new Apple TV. ... You’ll like it. But all of that is very much the best version of television’s present. Apple has a lot more work to do before the future actually arrives.