Google Nest Hub 2nd-gen (2020)
With the new Nest Hub, Google managed to improve the smart display’s audio system, add a machine-learning chip for faster Assistant responses and build in a radar motion detector for gesture controls, all for $50 less than the original. All those upgrades already make this a better connected screen, but it also offers motion-based sleep tracking. If you find that feature creepy or unhelpful, thankfully it’s optional and not enabled by default.
- Assistant is faster than before
- Clearer and louder audio
- Subtle and pleasant aesthetic
- Accurate sleep sensing
- Cheaper than original
- Sleep sensing data isn’t very insightful
Nest Hub 2nd-gen
- Critic Reviews (6)
- User Reviews (1)
- 80AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE6 ReviewsPC Mag80Your new bedside bestieWith the ability to track your sleep in addition to all of the voice control capacity of the original, the second-generation Nest Hub smart display is an ideal bedside companion for Google Assistant users.Tom's Guide80Sleep sensing is creepy, but it worksThe Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen)’s sleep sensing abilities, improved smart home UI and refreshed design and make it the best smart display for your bedside.CNET90More for your moneyThe second-gen Nest Hub is not overwhelmingly impressive or entirely redesigned. It's familiar, yet still improved and more affordable. That's enough for me to continue to recommend the Nest Hub as the best smart display for most smart homes.TechRadar80Let your smart display track your sleepThe Google Nest Hub (2nd generation) may look very similar to its predecessor, but with Soli radar technology built in, it can track your sleep, making it Google’s most innovative smart display to date. Sleep sensing works well, although you won’t get the detailed statistics a wearable sleep tracker offers, and with handy features such as the Sunrise alarm too, this is a device that will help you both wind down and wake up.The Verge70SLEEP ON ITI wish Google had spent as much time optimizing the performance and experience of the Nest Hub as it has adding new features, which seem to be bogging down the device more than anything else. If you’re embedded in the Google Home platform, the Nest Hub’s price and compact size make it easy to add to your home, but otherwise, life is too short for slow computers.Stuff80The second generation of Google’s Nest Hub is here to control your smart homeThe Google Nest Hub 2 is a small-but-mighty smart home display that offers up some useful improvements on its predecessor when it comes to smart home control and multimedia. Its headline Sleep Sensing feature will only be of interest to some though, and it’s missing a camera to make it the full package.
- 80AVERAGE USER SCORE1 ReviewsANDYMARRONE0080April 7, 2021Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!There's a lot to like about this in spite of a few flaws. - Engadget